Since 2013, C-SHIP students have completed over 70 internships and projects ranging from:
- Administering a Q&A survey to clients and patients.
- Attending intake and referral meetings.
- Observing how agency services work together on behalf of families.
- Researching and displaying patient information for a clinic waiting room.
- Engaging with senior residents at long term care facilities or with children about oral health.
- Helping to plan and carry out a community event for a nonprofit.
Internships are an important part of an undergraduate’s career exploration. A recent national survey asked employers to rank in order of importance which factors would distinguish job candidates from one another. An internship came in first!
For students, internships give them a chance to explore a potential career, make connections, attain career readiness skills, and deepens their understanding of the possible pathways to a desired career.
Below is a sample of a few C-SHIP interns and their projects.
You can also view some C-Ship student quotes here: DOWNLOAD PDF